Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspiration

My task for today was to look through an Art News magazine and find 2 works that i find interesting. First,  I found a very cool piece of art by an artist by the name of Diego Jacobsen. The painting is an abstract meaningful image using blues, greens, and yellows to give off a calm, aquatic feel to it, while not resembling such a thing at all. I found this interesting because it used such an abstract concept to bear resemblence of many real things. I am interested to see more art by such a talented person.

   The other work I found was by an artist by the name of Susan Unterberg, and is labeled "Pisces". The picture looks like a close up f a creature like a fish or a frog and is zoomed in on its eye, although it is hard to determine a distance the camera is to its object. I find this interesting  for this very reason, which makes it mysterious because it is curious to what the picture is actually of. Many glints of light are captured on the "eye" and "body" of the creature(s) making it a bright and light-mooded piece as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment